Who doesn’t want to wake up with the enchanting voice of birds and the stillness of the smoothly flowing water? Buying a waterfront home is a dream of many but is it normal to have a few doubts. Would purchasing a waterfront home be a good investment? Is it possible to find the right waterfront home? Am I the right candidate to buy a home in front of the water in a dreamy location like Pensacola Beach?
Well! Such questions are pretty common, so people often seek the help of their real estate expert to find the answers. If you’re searching for a waterfront home for sale in Pensacola Beach, Florida and wondering whether it is a good idea, then this blog is written for you. Keep scrolling!
Everything comes with a few pros and cons—the same goes with the waterfront property. This article will highlight the advantages and disadvantages of buying a waterfront home.
Pros of purchasing a lakefront home
1. It is a significant investment
There are a few lakefront homes available in the market, and this level of shortage shared with high demand can make the lakefront home a good investment. People often purchase it as a second home; therefore, it can be a wise investment and a gateway to spending some time alone or with your family.
While considering buying a waterfront home, don’t forget to check the location as some places are better than others from an investment stance. Ensure that you have an expert by your side to guide you through the searching procedure. If the property is in the desired place, in a sustainable area and built well, the chances are it will have a sizable price tag.
2. Easy access to gaming and sports
A seaside or water shore is an ideal location for leisure activities. One can enjoy many recreational activities like boating, fishing, surfing, and more. You can also enjoy sports like volleyball and badminton near the seashore.
3. A vacation residence
We all prefer renting a waterfront hotel room or penthouse while on our vacations. The site of the sun setting into the water body is itself so mesmerising. But what if you get the opportunity to reside here permanently? I guess no one would want to lose this chance.
A waterfront abode offers exotic vacation vibes. It feels like you are permanently on vacation and cheers your mood accordingly. You will probably enjoy more time outdoors and reaping the health benefits of fresh air and exercising with a view.
Cons of purchasing a lakefront home
Like a coin has two sides, every option you encounter will similarly have pros and cons. Let’s discover the disadvantages you could face due to the waterfront location.
1. Additional costs
Waterfront homes have their own unique set of costs linked to them. You might have to book flood insurance for your property. Some similar locations have also imposed certain restrictions. You may not just be restricted on what you can do with your house but may also have to pay some annual charges. Often utility costs are also added at such locations.
2. Continuous Wear and Tear
Waterfront residences experience continuous wear and tear. The high level of humidity can damage your house and appliances too. The visitors will bring in sand and water, which may pose a problem for your interiors. A home in proximity to water is also at risk of damage due to floods and other natural disasters. Make up your mind about all such things before considering a house in this location.
Tips and tricks for purchasing a waterfront residence
1. Evaluate the expenses well. As already mentioned, it’s not just the purchase cost but also the additional expenses you must pay for your waterfront home. Analyse the purchase cost, annual charges for flood insurance, maintenance charges, and other associated fees. Plan everything well before concluding.
2. A waterfront house has more to offer outside than inside. While buying the interiors, do take care of the exteriors too. Consider purchasing outdoor furniture that will coordinate with your house and add significantly to your leisure time. Be sure to enjoy the sight to the fullest and soak the sun well with the fresh air surrounding it.
3. Plan your evacuation. Ensure you plan your emergency evacuation in the event of a flood or other natural disaster. Also, measure the distance from the location to the fuel stations.
4. Check the availability of waterside activities. Many waterfront locations have restaurants, bars, recreational areas and amenities nearby. Survey the location for the presence of such facilities. Also, if you are interested in fishing, check the cruise’s length and the distance of the channel from your house.
Answering the question, “Is waterfront location a right investment” is problematic. It depends on your preferences, budget and the lifestyle you desire. However, such locations are usually worthy of their cost.