Are you planning to design your first garden? Or want to rehab the available outdoor space of the house that you bought recently? Having a garden in the house is always good, or nothing can improve the indoor air quality better than the garden’s green trees and colourful flowers. However, before starting the landscaping, you should discuss with the expert landscapers regarding the planning of the landscape design.
Key pointers to consider before designing a landscape:
1. Know the yard
Before you start planning your dream garden, the landscaper will always suggest finding out what is feasible and possible to do in the yard.
- Consider the regional climate. The climatic conditions are going to impact the growth of a plant. Based on it, you have to choose the right kind of plans for your yard. If you remember the words of the science teacher, you will know that different plants need different temperatures, humidity, and soil conditions for growing.
- The topography of the site will also matter in deciding the plants for the landscape. It is essential to keep in mind that the landscaping plants will create a microclimate in the yard depending on the sun and shade exposure and the soil texture.
- The landscaper will always select the plants according to the four categories of microclimates- shade, deep shade, partial shade, and full sun.
2. Think about the themes
The basic theme of the landscape will be the next factor to consider as you have to select the plants based on the theme. A simple theme like creating consistent forms and shapes throughout the yard can be a great idea to select the right coloured plants for the different zones. You can also go to the complex oriental gardens.
- The landscape design should ideally complement the architecture of your home. The lines and style of the building can relive through the patterns on the yard.
- You can also plan the hardscapes once you have finalized the plants and pattern of planting.
- To get a unified theme, you can even plan for neat geometric shapes in the landscaping.
3. Create individual spaces
The architects design the room plans and ensure maximum space utilization. Similarly, you should try to create inter-linked spaces within the yard, just like the separate rooms, for better landscape design. The landscaper will help you to maintain harmony among the spaces and link them to each other. Creating openings in the yard with smart landscaping will help explore the place and encourage people to check out space.
4. Lush green beauty
The landscaping is always incomplete without the grass. How you would love to see the layer of lush green right outside the window, which will be like a fresh breathe of air. Laying the grass will be a part of the landscape design, and you have to be very particular about maintaining the grass. Mowing at regular intervals will be helpful. Remember to apply the weed control solutions for better and healthy growth of the grass.
5. Paths and flower beds
If you want a clean and precise look, all you need is edging. The paths with the pacing stones and bricks and the edge flower beds create a colourful island-like feel. The yard will look much organized with the edging idea as it creates distinct spaces and islands.
Landscaping is a challenging task and requires planning. If you don’t forget the points mentioned above, you will have an exciting time discussing the landscape design with the landscaper. In a few days, the boring yard will transform into the most beautiful garden.