Caesarstone is one of the top brands when it comes to quartz worktops. So, you can expect superior quality and exceptional performance from this exquisite worktop material.
If you have been searching for a worktop for your kitchen, you might have already come across Caesarstone countertops. In case you’re not aware, let’s enlighten you that Caesarstone is one of the leading brands that manufacture top-notch quartz worktops.
Established in 1987, the company was one of the pioneers in the quartz worktop market. They have an extensive range of quartz worktops to suit any traditional or contemporary interior style. Over the years, they have done extensive research and development to deliver the most elegant Caesarstone quartz worktops to customers.
Manufacturing Process of Caesarstone Quartz Worktops
Caesarstone quartz surfaces are created to maintain high standards of excellence. From the initial process of raw materials procurement to the final quality control tests, everything has to be on point to deliver high-quality material. Only highly skilled staff is involved in the manufacturing of these products to ensure the best outcome.
The manufacturing process of the Caesarstone surface starts with a thorough inspection of all the raw materials. The different elements are mixed at a specific ratio of around 93% natural quartz, along with polymer resins and colored pigments. Caesarstone worktops are engineered within the industries through a completely automated process, which is strictly monitored by the highly-trained staff. The step-by-step procedure of manufacturing Caesarstone quartz worktops includes:
- Feeding and Mixing: After proper inspection of the raw materials, these are fed into the mixer machines for adequate blending.
- Moulding: The blended mixture is further poured within a mould to form exact slab sizes of around 120×57 inches.
- Pressing: After that, the slabs are compacted through a special process of vacuum and vibration under a pressure of about 100 tonnes.
- Curing: In the curing process, the slabs get further moved to the curing kiln for heating them at 90°C for approximately 45 minutes. This step is done to give the ultimate solidity and strength to the slabs.
- Polishing: After curing, the engineered slabs are gauged and calibrated before polishing them to a perfect finish. The surfaces are designed in four finishes, such as Polished, Honed, Rough and Concrete.
- Quality Assurance: Once all the slabs are polished, they are sent for quality assurance tests. In this test, each tile has to pass through strict quality inspection to ensure only top quality product hits the market.
- Labelling: After giving the quality assurance, the slabs are sorted, labeled and tagged to reach different distributors, fabricators, and suppliers.
The cost of Caesarstone quartz countertops many vary from one supplier to another. So, it’s best to shop around for getting different price quotations. The final cost also includes installation of the worktop; however, you must read its fine print before installing the slab. Some stores or fabricators even have separate charges for the countertop, delivery, and installation. So, do ask the suppliers about the final cost before making the buying decision.
What Makes Caesarstone Quartz Worktops Special?
Following are some unusual characteristics of Caesarstone quartz worktops that make each surface special:
Durability is the other name of Caesarstone worktops, as these surfaces are highly resistant to stains, cracks, etching, and scratches. All thanks to their non-porous surface, even the most stubborn liquids like coffee, wine, lemon juice or food coloring fluids are not able to stain Caesarstone countertops.
Unlike natural stones, such as marble and granite, Caesarstone quartz worktops don’t need any sealing. Since quartz worktops have a non-porous and dense surface, their luster remains the same without any need for oiling or polishing over time. It means these worktops will look as elegant as they were initially.
Easy Installation And Maintenance
All thanks to different standard slab sizes and custom options, Caesarstone countertops are adaptable and easy to install in any given space. Since Caesarstone quartz surfaces never require sealing, polishing or any other special treatment for maintenance, these are also easy to maintain. All you need is a simple, clean cloth, regular detergent, and water for cleaning.
With their amazing tactile qualities, Caesarstone quartz worktops can be created in an extensive range of designs – be it a curved shape or any other form. Caesarstone enables designers to run their imagination to create a unique living space. It also can be manufactured in different thicknesses and widths to reduce its weight and decrease the number of seams to manage any installation requirement.
Another best thing about Caesarstone quartz is that it’s safe for food preparation. Homeowners don’t have to worry about germs or bacteria accumulation on these non-porous surfaces. With seamless slabs, there is no chance of the food particles getting stuck into the surface to pose any potential health risk. It is one of the top reasons why people prefer quartz worktops over natural stones.
Being non-porous, Caesarstone quartz worktops even don’t encourage the development and growth of fungus, mildew, mould, mildew and other microbial organisms. Compared to natural stones like marble and granite, Caesarstone has a higher resistance to microbial growth. Hence, it has a hygienic surface that is even suitable for bathroom countertops.
Due to all these qualities, this quartz worktop brand has maintained its top position in the market for many years and still going strong.